Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Writer's Block?

Writer's Block? I don't think so. I could not imagine sitting in front of a clean sheet of paper, pen in hand, with nothing to say. Then I also cannot picture myself with nothing to say in much of any circumstance.

I don't have writer's block, but I do have writer's block of focus or lack of focus. This shows up in two ways. First, I want to write about everything. I want to learn about everything and one method to learn is to write. When I hear about something that piques my interest (Passamoquoddy basket making, Trancendentalism, credit scores) I think I could learn by writing. No problem, the research is my idea of a good time. I may not have enough time, but writing works for me.

The other lack of focus is more annoying. Sometimes, I just can't get it together. I've got enough focus to watch one more episode of Law and Order or, if I'm lucky, to read a chapter or two of the three or four books I'm reading. What to do? Get some rest. I'd write more now, but I'm going in for my nap.

3 comments:

Corra McFeydon said...

I have the same affliction! Too many interests, and as soon as I take up one, I'm ready to take up another.

Making lists helps. (And counts as writing, I say!) :D

News from Newburyport said...

I love your writing! It's so natural and conversational. Seems easy, though I know it's not!
Martha

hoxn Ln said...

watchmaking clever fusion, Replica watches UK and the charm of gold and colored gemstones. Equipped with a new generation of Replica handbags 3235-type movement demonstrated superior watchmaking, this movement configuration Rolex patented new handbagreplica design Chronergy escapement, energy efficient. Providing 70 hours of power reserve.The new Oyster Replica Watches Perpetual series, in addition to 39 mm watch, as well as with a unique new 26, 31 and 34 mm dial Rolex Dayton watches.